Guangzhou Weather & Climate in Seasons
Subtropical monsoon Guangzhou has four seasons –mild spring, humid and hot summer, pleasant autumn and warm winter.
February to March is the spring season in Guangzhou and it is extremely mild. The temperature during this time will increase from 15 °C (59 °F) in March to 29 °C (84 °F) in May. Spring is the start of rainy season in Guangzhou, you will expect frequent rains especially in April and May.
T-shirts and shorts are the most recommended clothing during spring season in Guangzhou. As it is also the rainy season, don’t forget to bring umbrella or waterproofs.
Summer season lasts from April to September in Guangzhou. The average temperature in this season will be around 29 °C (84 °F). It is the hottest season with highest temperature around 33 °C (91 °F) in July and August. There are occasional typhoons and frequent afternoon thunderstorms.
During the Summer season, it is suggested to take T-shirts, shorts and your umbrella.
Autumn is from October to November in Guangzhou. The temperature will be from 16 °C (60 °F) to 28 °C (83 °F). Autumn in Guangzhou is very short, most of the days are sunny pleasant with little rain. Fall Foliage could be found in some of the parks in downtown Guangzhou.
A light sweater and a coat are usually enough in autumn but it is also wise to bring a long-sleeve shirt when it is warmer during the day.
Winter is from December to January, it is also very short like it’s Autumn. The temperature will be from 9 °C (49 °F) to 18 °C (65 °F) during winter and it is cool and dry. It is the best time to visit Guangzhou. Thanks to the pleasant weather, you can see colorful flowers during this period.
If you’re in Guangzhou during the winter months, bring sweaters and coats.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.